Ahem. And now, a few words about Coffee. You know, Coffee, Joe, Java, Mud. Not a day goes by that I don’t start my day with a cup of freshly ground goodness. I, like most coffee worshipers visit the house of Starbucks on a regular basis. Okay, half the time with Starbucks, the other half at other local coffee establishments. With that in mind, allow me to espouse a few thoughts about one of the world’s most popular beverages.
- Coffee is trendy, popular and profitable. Besides all of the people you know, what celebrity isn’t walking to their car with Starbucks in hand?
- The coffee shop – where you go to drink coffee – is neutral ground for many people. Who meets there? I personally have met up with friends, enemies, my wedding photographer, my trainer, you name it. Ok, meeting up with an enemy at the coffee shop was an accident.
- The coffee shop is just down the street and there is one practically on every corner for that matter.
- Coffee has its own universal language associated with it. Before Starbucks, who knew what a Barista was? Or a latte for that matter? Did anyone even pay much attention to which roast you were drinking?
- Coffee can fix what is wrong with your day. It makes you feel good. We come in from the cold to hold in our hands a cup of black gold.
Who comes to this place – The Coffee Shop? A magical mystery tour of sweet java and home made goodies. I suppose it doesn’t really matter. We are all on the same trek, seeking inspiration or possibly just a break from our day or from our life. Some of us have company, some of us are alone with ourselves and our thoughts. The main thing is that we have our friend, Joe, right there with us.
Do you have a favorite coffee shop that you frequent? Tell me about it in the comments below. I’ll talk to you soon.